Want to join our team?
We’re looking for you.
Lead BrandJuice design projects by providing exceptionally creative and strategic ideas for client engagements and agency marketing efforts through graphic execution.
FIRST, LET’S JUST BE HONEST. YOU GOTTA BE:
- In tune to trends (beyond knowing the latest Snapchat filter)
- Always visually analyzing (books are definitely judged by their cover, mkay?)
- A Curious George (you can wear your monkey suit at least once a month)
- A risk-taker (just no jumping off the roof, liability reasons)
- A design ninja (see above)
- Always ready for a good laugh (as long as its not an annoying one)
- A go-getter (just don’t argue with the Creative Director, he pumps iron)
- Not easily offended (well, uh, we can’t even…)
NOW FOR THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Qualified applicants must have 6+ years’ experience in a creative or marketing agency environment. Experience in account leadership and management of creative projects is required.
- Experience in conceptual design and creative development influenced and based on brand strategy and insights
- Experience in providing strategic and creative thinking for Fortune 500 & Fortune 100 company project teams
- Experience designing and conducting qualitative creative research for strategic client differentiation
- Experience in synthesizing large quantities of data (both qual and quant) to highlight the actionable creative insights and resulting recommendations
- Experience in creative concept pitching, presentations and proposal writing
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Must be able to work in teams to execute all aspects of design and creative deliverables
- Excellent project management skills, communication skills, attention to detail, and a positive, flexible can-do attitude are required
- Must be comfortable providing creative direction and recommendations directly to high-level clients, vendors, and team members; must be able to present a strategic point of view for creative design on project related questions
- Must be able to manage internal teams on agency initiatives
- Required qualifications include an in-depth knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, Google Apps, DropBox, WordPress and Microsoft Office. Experience and proficiency in digital animation, video, website design, UI/UX and other digital design bells and whistles is preferred.
The Senior Designer provides vital creative project leadership through a combination of strategy-based visual design concepts and solutions, client communications and presentations, and continued development of creative opportunities through insight-driven design guidance to clients and agency teams. The SD serves as the design account partner to the Senior Strategist and/or Strategy Director, ensuring exceptional engagement experiences and client satisfaction. He/she is an integral member of new client pursuit and pitch teams on behalf of BrandJuice’s creative capabilities and services.
- Act as a project manager and key designer for client projects as determined by Directors
- Successfully concept, design and present the strategic and creative approaches to design deliverables for clients, project and internal teams
- Interact with creative and project teams to devise and lead creative solutions to strategic assignments, deliver creative recommendations and deliverables to solve client needs
- Ensure all creative deliverables are rooted in the defined brand strategy and adhere to established guidelines
- Maintain quality control with extreme attention to detail across creative and design deliverables for project deliverables
- Create timelines and project manage workload and priorities for project and agency creative needs per scope
- Play key role on agency marketing team, help drive creative vision and execution to support and grow brand equity from a design and brand strategy perspective
- Direct and design a variety of creative collateral for BrandJuice and its clients, including but not limited to: advertising campaigns, business tools, packaging, visual identity, presentations, video storyboarding, design guidelines, environmental design, digital display
- Consistently research and seek exposure opportunities, provide intel to creative team to stay current on design and creative execution trends
- Act as a “gatekeeper” for BrandJuice materials/marketing/new biz collateral, proposals, company website and digital marketing outreach to ensure consistency of brand across all touchpoints, internally and externally
- Successfully maintain multiple assignments under tight deadlines, prioritize deliverables for teams accordingly
- Participate in project workflow considerations and provide recommendations to Directors regarding design team resource needs
- Develop and write new business proposals, creative briefs and SOWs
LEADING CLIENT ENGAGEMENTS (75% of job)
- Client Service – Provide exceptional client service by being the key design contact to the client and client team during engagements.
- Strategic Thinker – Concept and create designs for the unique needs of individual clients. Ensure that all creative elements are supporting overall project objectives and providing value-add results to the client’s brand.
- Project Manager – Part of creative leadership is ensuring the accurate execution of all services, in order to provide strong and actionable recommendations to clients. Ensure designers, contractors and vendors are delivering on time and on brand strategy.
- Team Leader – Manage team members to optimize utilization while delivering success in timeliness of project deliverables. Collaborate with strategy and creative teams.
IMPROVING THE COMPANY – (15% of job)
- Process Improvement and Capability Building – Proactively take on the development of systems and tools that will refine and improve BrandJuice creative capabilities and services. Contribute to company growth projects that help BrandJuice extend its ability to serve additional clients.
- Team Growth – Assist in interviewing new creative team members. Also take initiative to improve teams through training and professional development in order to support and expand BrandJuice’s creative offerings.
GROWING THE COMPANY – (10% of job)
- Business Development – Identify and book repeat business by identifying client needs, getting internal referrals and supporting new business pitches.
- Proposal Writing – Design and write proposals and SOWs to answer prospect and current client needs. Assist in design and presentation of proposals and pitches.
- Senior Designers travel approximately 15% locally and nationally and may include some international travel.
We invite qualified candidates to email their cover letter, resume, salary requirements and creative portfolio to Heather Thill with “Senior Designer” in the subject line.
SEND RESUMES AND PORTFOLIOS TO:
With the email subject line:
NO PHONE INQUIRIES OR
PLACEMENT AGENCIES, PLEASE.